Spray Carcass Chilling
1. Gordon Brothers Industries Pty Ltd ( GBI) was the refrigeration partner for,
the then CSIRO R&D rail chiller project in the 1990’s and then with MLA/JBS/CSIRO in 2008 where we were again the design and construct partner for the R&D spray chilling of rail chillers, and the subsequent MLA public domain report acknowledges such. We then fitted out most of the major new spray chilling projects since in Australia totalling many, and supported others in their upgrades with outcome of weight loss on the hook reduced greatly from their conventional air chilled systems only.
2. In respect to significant notes since 2009,
20 projects of spray in beef and lamb chillers
• Weight savings nominally 1.0 to 2.5% a day subject to the existing system
• Continuous carcase chillers (lamb)
• Batched carcass chillers ( beef, lamb , goat )
• Holding chillers/modes
• Low water and low energy use
• End users advise less than 2 year payback
• MLA advise many hundreds of millions of dollars saved a year for the industry
• Reliable systems
3. Our Meat projects last 12 months included but not limited to
1. Primo Port Wakefield
2. Primo Scone ( includes chillers spray)
3. TFI Tamworth
4. Teys Tamworth (includes chillers)
6. ALC (include chillers)
7. Beef City
8. JBS Dinmore
9. JBS Townsville
10. Primo Wacol
11. Southern Meats
12. Primo Chullora
13. Primo Preston
14. Harvey Beef
16. Teys Beenleigh
17. Teys Biloela
20. JBS Cobram
21. JBS Riverina
22. JBS Longford
4. GBI has been and continues to be involved with institutions or partners in R&D projects to the development of Australian Standards and Codes of Practice.
5. GBI is the international partner of ASTI in Australia, an ammonia safety institute, where GBI provides industry training yearly.
6. GBI is a 100 year old private Australian company in year 2017.
7. We have approximately 70 technicians and 20 engineers, with a large number having more than 15 years of service with GBI.
With the above credentials, hands on R&D and real world projects with industry partners and our exposure to the high level knowledge with such projects, GBI would be ideally placed to deliver the successful conclusion to your carcass weight loss targets.